- Guatemala has the lowest literacy rate in Latin America.
- 6.3 years is the amount of time the average child spends in school in Guatemala. In the USA and UK, children spend more than double this time.
- 10% of children in El Paredón fail to finish primary school education.
- The rate of dropouts rises, with only 60% of children progressing to secondary school and only 3% reaching university.
- Only 30% of adults in El Paredon can read and write. We want to change this.
Without basic reading and writing skills, children are unable to pursue further education and access employment opportunities. We want to change this.
Together we can ensure that all primary school children can read and write by the time they leave school.